As well as delivering the best possible education, we also have a clinical team who provide care and therapy to benefit the children and young people in our school. Our clinical team includes:
- Speech and Language Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Counselling / Psychotherapy
- Access to other types of therapy as required
The team work with pupils, well as their parents or carers, to agree a support plan which will become part of their school life, enabling them to build on their strengths and increase their resilience.
We aim to provide our students with a safe, caring and nurturing community with clear, consistent boundaries and high expectations. Relationships are at the heart of our approach and are based on sensitive understanding of a young person’s experiences and the areas in which they require more support.
Behaviour is understood as a form of communication and all staff work together to enable the healthy physical, social, and emotional development of each student.
The Clinical Team work within Outcome First Group’s Wellbeing Rainbow where support for students is at the 3 different tiers:
- Universal- Where the clinical team supports the whole school therapeutic environment and offer staff training on areas of particular need.
- Enhanced- The clinical team promote multidisciplinary involvement in supporting pupils, this may mean the pupil has specific strategies recommended to teaching staff to support them to engage and learn in the classroom or they are involved in group therapy sessions.
- Specialist- The pupil is invited to 1:1 therapy sessions with a member of the clinical team.
The clinical team operates on a referral system for specialist level support, this is based on the pupils EHCP recommendations and teacher/parental concerns.
The clinical team are based on site and therefore are easily accessible to staff and pupils.
For more information, please contact our SENDCo Emmanuelle Scott on the main school phone number.